Miami’s restaurant scene is starting the year off strong. Several key eateries opened their doors to begin 2019 with flavor
Michelle Bernstein and Julio Cabrera opened Cafe la Trova, their collaborative love story to Cuba in Little Havana; and Jose Mendin and TV personality Julian Gil celebrate Puerto Rico with La Placita. Jamie DeRosa and Hedy Goldsmith return to South Florida’s dining scene with the opening of Ad Lib, and Yellow Green Farmers Market’s favorite sweets shop, Pink Pie, opened a location in Wynwood.
Sadly, the year began with the closure of the venerable Fado Irish Pub.
Eateries to look out for include the Citadel, Laid Fresh by the people behind Kyu, and Brad Kilgore’s Ember.
- Ad Lib. 2415 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables.
- Astra. Rooftop of 2121 NW First Pl., Miami.
- Bacco. 2700 SW Third Ave., Miami; 305-364-5658; baccomiami.com.
- Cvltvra. 1100 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-808-3507; cvltvra.com.
- Hi Pot. 1665 SW 107th Ave., Sweetwater; 786-803-8618; hipotrestaurant.com.
- Cafe la Trova. 971 SW Eighth St., Miami; cafelatrova.com.
- La Placita. 6789 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-400-8173; pubbellyglobal.com.
- Lincoln Eatery Food Hall. 723 Lincoln Ln., Miami Beach; thelincolneatery.com.
- Maska. 3252 NE First Ave., Suite 109; Miami; 786-971-9100; maskamiami.com.
- Myn-Tu. 1905 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 786-610-4200; myn-tu.com
- North Italia. Mary Brickell Village, 900 S. Miami Ave., #111, Miami; 786-475-9100; northitaliarestaurant.com.
- Pink Pie. 170 NW 26th St., Miami; 954-744-0214; pinkpie.com.
- Sushi by Bou. 1116 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 305-922-9195; sushibybou.com.
- Vice Kitchen + Bar. 1625 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach.
- Fado Irish Pub
IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY, CONSIDER SIGNING UP FOR OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTERS.
SHOW ME HOW
- Afishionado – Jeremy Ford to open seafood eatery
- Angelo Elia Pizza Bar – opening at Aventura ParkSquare
- Biscayne Bay Brewing – opening a second location in downtown Miami
- Bonci – Roman-style pizza to open at Cube Wynwood
- The Citadel – Little River food hall
- Descarga Brewing Company – opening in North Miami
- Dos Croquetas – popular croqueta delivery company is opening a brick-and-mortar
- Dunkanoo Kitchen – opening in Wynwood
- Ember – Brad Kilgore concept to open in Paradise Plaza in the Design District
- Erba – Niven Patel opening an Italian concept
- Gramps by the Sea – opening soon
- Icebox Cafe – opening at Aventura ParkSquare, the Falls, and Hallandale
- International Smoke – Michael Mina and Syesha Curry team up at Aventura Mall
- Laid Fresh – The Kyu people are opening an all-day breakfast spot
- Lost City Brewing Company – coming to North Miami
- Marabu at Brickell City Centre – opening in early 2019
- Monger – the Voltaggios opening a restaurant in downtown Miami
- Osaka – Nikkei restaurant coming to Miami
- Punch Bowl Social – opening in Wynwood
- Salty Donut – opening a location in South Miami
- Seawell Fish & Oyster – opening at Kimpton Angler’s Hotel
- Shuckers – popular spot is opening a second location, in South Beach
- Sistrunk Market & Brewery – opening in Fort Lauderdale
- Spanglish – opening in Wynwood
- Starbucks – opening in Midtown Miami
- Time Out Market – food hall opening on Lincoln Road in South Beach
- Trader Joe’s – coming to South Beach
- Unbranded Brewing Company – Hialeah’s first brewery
- Unseen Creatures – brewery opening soon
- Whole Foods Market – proposed megastore in Sunset Harbour and new Fort Lauderdale locations.